Are you considering granite tile for your home in Austin? If so, granite floors, granite backsplashes, granite countertops, and more can be a great way to add class to your home with long-lasting, great-looking surfaces. Our expert team at Floor Coverings International Austin has put together this complete guide to help orient you to this material and present the pros and cons of using it in your home.
About Granite and Granite Tile: The Basics
Granite is considered the “queen of the stones,” especially for flooring. It is a quartz-based stone, and numerous grain variations and styles are available at flooring locations. You can find salt and pepper style granite as well as marble-like, veined options — all in unique patterns.
The Pros and Cons of Granite Tile
Check out the benefits and drawbacks of granite tile and granite floors below:
- It’s extremely hard and durable, lasting a long time in a variety of settings
- It’s unique — you’ll never find two granite stones that are exactly alike
- It’s classic and elegant-looking, perfect for a myriad of interior design styles and settings
- Unsealed granite, especially, looks extremely natural in the home
- It’s stain and water resistant, especially when compared with other types of flooring
- With granite, you’ll likely lack the warmth and comfort of a flooring type like hardwood
- Granite can be expensive and difficult to install
- If you want to make sure your granite is completely resistant to water, stains, and other harsh substances, you should have it professionally sealed
Granite Tile for Your Austin Home
As you can see, granite floors can be super durable and great-looking in a myriad of settings. Granite is hard and durable and will surely stand the test of time. Call Floor Coverings International Austin today to schedule a free consultation and explore our selection of granite tile!
You might also be interested in:
Photo © pics721