One of the best hardwoods to consider for your Austin home is white oak. This wood is versatile, durable, and strong. It’s coloring blends amazingly with any type of home style or décor, and the straight grain of white oak is attractive and unique.
Below, our Floor Coverings International Austin experts will outline the benefits of choosing white oak hardwood flooring, and will also discuss the negatives of this type of wood so that you can make an educated decision on new hardwood for your home.
Benefits of White Oak Hardwood Flooring
- White oak stands up extremely well to even the heaviest foot traffic.
- White oak hardwood does not often expand or contract, meaning it is a more stable wood than many of the other hardwood floor materials available.
- You can choose from either engineered construction white oak or solid white oak, depending on your needs.
- White oak hardwood floors have a clean, modern light hue, but can be stained to a variety of other colors.
Drawbacks Associated With White Oak Hardwood Flooring
As you can see, there are numerous benefits associated with white oak hardwood flooring. However, there are a few drawbacks to consider as well:
- If you choose premium grading white oak, the cost is going to be considerably higher than the cost of standard grading white oak.
- When sunlight shines consistently on white oak hardwood, the stain on the wood may discolor over time.
There are many considerations as you move toward a final decision for the new hardwood flooring in your home. Fortunately, Floor Coverings International Austin can guide you through this process. Call and schedule a free consultation today, and we’ll help you decide if white oak floors are right for your Austin home.
You might also be interested in:
Photo Credit: Jo Ann Snover