Which Is Better, Vinyl Or Linoleum Floors?
You need the right linoleum flooring installers to get all the perks of this flooring style. Floor Coverings International® in Austin works with the leading manufacturers in the industry to maintain an extensive options of high-quality materials and various styles. Our linoleum floor installers are trained and will make sure your floor is put in correctly to withstand wear for decades. Our linoleum flooring installations can deliver various advantages for both residential and commercial spaces, such as:
- Durability: Linoleum flooring installation is most recognized for durability in spaces with heavy foot traffic. It’s excellent for use in commercial spaces like schools, hospitals, and retail stores. It's also great for bustling residential properties.
- Sustainability: Linoleum flooring installations are becoming more popular with people searching for renewable flooring options. Linoleum is constructed from sustainable, natural materials, such as wood flour, linseed oil, and cork powder, which makes it an eco-friendly flooring option.
- Easy to clean: Linoleum is straightforward to clean and maintain, which makes it a popular option for businesses. It's resistant to discoloration and can be maintained with mild soap and water, making it an outstanding option for environments that require regular cleaning.
- Variety of designs: Floor Coverings International® in Austin are linoleum flooring installers who carry the largest selection for any design preference. We carry linoleum in numerous color schemes and designs, from classic styles to contemporary patterns.
- Long-lasting: Linoleum is noticed for its long life span. Our professional linoleum floor installion professionals will give you a floor that will look great for decades.
What Makes Linoleum and Vinyl Similar?
Linoleum was majorly popular around the middle half of the 20th century before vinyl took center stage as an easier and cheaper choice to produce on grand scale. Even so, because of its long-lasting ability and straightforward upkeep, linoleum flooring installations remained the go-to choice for commercial buildings and private institutions like hospitals and schools. With proper installation from expert linoleum floor installers, linoleum flooring can last forty years or longer.
There are some similarities between linoleum and vinyl, which explains why these styles are repeatedly mistaken for each other. Both come in sheet, tile, and plank form. Both are made in layers, and nowadays, like vinyl, linoleum is available in a large diversity of patterns and color schemes. Floor Coverings International® is an extensive linoleum flooring installation team with a wide range of styles to suit any preference.
What Are the Differences Between Linoleum and Vinyl?
Linoleum and vinyl each have their own set of features. Vinyl flooring is a manufactured flooring type made primarily from PVC (polyvinyl chloride) and other materials. In contrast, linoleum flooring is a natural material consisting of limestone, resins, wood flour, pigments, and linseed oil. These are the significant differences between them:
Vinyl Flooring Layers:
- Wear Layer: The outer part of vinyl flooring is the wear coating, which protects the floor from scratches, stains, and other wear and tear.
- Printed Design Layer: Below the wear layer is the printed design layer, where a high-resolution image of wood, stone, or other pattern is inlaid.
- Core Layer: The main layer gives it structural strength and can be made of various materials, such as PVC foam or rigid composite.
- Backing Layer: The base layer of vinyl floors, the backing component, increases strength and provides further reinforcement.
Linoleum Flooring Layers:
- Linoleum Layer: The topmost layer of linoleum flooring is the linoleum itself, which consists of a mixture of linseed oil, wood flour, and other natural materials.
- Jute Backing: Below the linoleum part, jute fibers add longevity and stability to the floor.
- Core Layer: Some linoleum floors have an additional layer called a core layer, which is usually constructed from cork or other materials, offering padding and insulation.
- Subfloor: Linoleum flooring is normally installed on a subfloor, which can be constructed from plywood or concrete, ensuring a smooth, level surface. While vinyl is a simple DIY project, recruiting professional linoleum floor installers is recommended to make sure the material operates appropriately.
While both vinyl and linoleum provide durable and easy-to-clean options, there are a few important distinctions. Vinyl floors is made from manufactured materials and is, therefore, water-resistant. However, some linoleum is made with a moisture-proof layer to prevent damage to its natural materials. You can install linoleum to go with a broader range of applications when buying from an expansive linoleum flooring installation company like Floor Coverings International®.
Linoleum is an Outstanding Flooring Styles for Many Rooms
Linoleum flooring is an amazing choice for a diverse variety of rooms because of its utility. Whether it's a residential home or a commercial institution, linoleum provides a durable and stylish flooring option. Whether it's a residential home or a commercial institution, linoleum provides a durable and stylish flooring option. The natural construction of linoleum, which includes materials like cork and wood flour, helps to absorb sound, establishing a serene environment in any room.
Linoleum flooring is also water-repellant, making it suitable for rooms that come in contact with moisture often. Its makeup includes linseed oil, which provides a natural water-proof quality. This makes linoleum an outstanding option for kitchens, bathrooms, and also basements, where messes and exposure to water are common occurrences. With its capacity to withstand water damage and stay in good condition, linoleum flooring provides a practical and long-lasting solution for many areas of your business or home.
Linoleum flooring installations are mostly suitable for these spaces in your home:
- Mud Rooms/Entryways
- Laundry Rooms
- Home Offices
- And More
Shop For And Purchase Your New Floor Conveniently From Your Home
Floor Coverings International® is the only flooring company that brings the showroom to you.
Request A Complimentary Consultation
Schedule your complimentary consultation with our team for a time that fits into your schedule.
In-Home Mobile Flooring Showroom®
Our Design Associates meet with you in the convenience of your own home and review the details of your flooring project.
We have factory-trained professional flooring experts who install your new flooring.
Post Installation Follow-up
We return to your property to evaluate the performance of your floor as part of our follow-up process.
Schedule a Free Consultation
Floor Coverings International® is the most dependable and highly rated linoleum flooring installation contractors in Austin. Alterations to design and durability in this eco-friendly flooring solution make it a worthwhile consideration for your home or commercial property. Our linoleum floor contractors will make sure it's properly installed for you to get the best use and resilience from your flooring. Set up a no-cost meeting to see samples and get more info more about the qualities of linoleum with a visit from our Mobile Flooring Showroom®.